Royal® Jasmine Rice Falooda
Our Royal® Jasmine Rice Falooda is a popular Indian sweet treat flavored with rose syrup and cardamom. Topped with a scoop of ice cream, it’s the best way to enjoy a cold dessert on a warm day!
- 1 cup Royal® Jasmine Rice
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tsp holy basil seeds
- 550ml (just over 2 cups) fresh whole milk
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 cardamoms, split
- 2 tbsp rose syrup (any make)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Crushed toasted pistachios or almonds
- Rose petals (optional)
- Saffron threads (optional)
- Bring Royal® Jasmine Rice and water to a boil in a small sauce pot with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Cool and refrigerate.
- Place the milk, sugar, and cardamom in a milk pan and bring to a boil, keeping a close eye on it, as it will suddenly rise. Cook on a gentle simmer for 15 minutes. Scoop the cardamom skin out and pour the milk into a fresh bowl/jug. The cardamom seeds will be at the bottom of the pan for easy removal. Place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Soak the seeds at room temperature water for 2 hours.
- Distribute everything among four glasses. Place a tsp of seeds; rice, half a portion in each glass; 1 tbsp of rose syrup each; pour the milk into the glass gently, not quite to the top. Pouring the milk over the back of a tsp ensures as little disturbance to the syrup as possible. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Scatter some nuts, rose petals, and a pinch of saffron threads.