Coconut Rice with Satay Shrimp
Warm up on a chilly day with a taste of the tropics. Our Coconut Rice with Satay Shrimp is delicious, with plenty of coconut-y goodness stirred into warm, aromatic Jasmine Rice.
For the Shrimp
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup roughly chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 lemongrass stalks, tender bottom third only, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp
For the Rice
- 1½ cups Royal Ⓡ Jasmine Rice
- 2¼ cups coconut water
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, ¼ cup lime juice, fish sauce or salt, garlic, ½ cup cilantro, lemongrass, and pepper flakes. Add shrimp, cover and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler or prepare a hot grill fire.
- In a medium saucepan combine rice, coconut water, and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer until tender, 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
- While rice cooks, place shrimp on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil or thread onto skewers and grill until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a serving dish and stir in ½ cup cilantro. Serve shrimp over rice.