Chinese Stir-Fried Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms and Broccoli
Chinese food has grown in popularity over the years, and it’s simple to make your own quick stir-fried rice at home with this recipe. To change it up, vary the vegetables (try bok choy or spinach) or add any meat you like.
- 1 cup Royal® Jasmine Rice
- 1 medium white onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 6 ounces broccoli
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Soy sauce to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar (optional)
- Red chili flakes to taste (optional)
- Prepare Royal Jasmine Rice. While the rice cooks, cut the onion in half and then slice each half thinly. Mince the garlic. Cut the tofu into 1-inch chunks. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp dishcloth to remove dirt. Remove tough stems and slice the mushrooms fine. Separate broccoli into small florets and rinse them well.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Over high heat, add the onions and stir-fry them 1-2 minutes, with a pinch of salt. Do not let them brown.
- Stir in the garlic and add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes and add the mushrooms. Cook them for 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in soy sauce, salt, pepper, sugar and rice wine vinegar. Add the cooked rice and cook briefly, stirring often. Gently mix in the tofu so it does not break. Serve hot, sprinkled with red chili flakes.