Sweet Potato with Chili Chutney
In Kerala, you can find this chutney/relish eaten with boiled yuca. The idea is to enjoy a simply cooked root vegetable with a highly flavored, salty and spicy condiment. The sweet potato in this dish is a lovely way to enjoy this chutney and it pairs really nicely with rice for a filling and quick meal.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & small diced
- ½ cup finely diced red onion diced
- 1 small green bird’s eye chili, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 package Authentic Royal Ready to Heat White Jasmine Rice
- In a pot of water, add the sweet potatoes and bring to boil.
- Strain sweet potatoes when they are al dente, about 10-15 minutes, and place to the side in a mixing bowl.
- Place chopped red onions, green bird eye chili, coconut oil, and sea salt into mortar and pestle, and mash the mixture together for roughly 3 mins so the onions, coconut oil, green chili and salt are combined mashed together and fibers of the red onion are
broke. Salt to taste preference.
- Add this onion mixture to the cooked sweet potatoes and gently toss together with a spoon.
- Tear Royal Ready to Heat Jasmine Rice pouch to vent, and heat in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Serve Sweet Potato with Chili Chutney atop warmed Royal Ready to Heat Jasmine Rice.