Sweet Potato Masala Curry with Royal Basmati Rice
We like our spice with a dash of sweetness, so we’re diving into this Sweet Potato Masala Curry with Royal Basmati Rice recipe!
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups sweet potato diced into 2” pieces
- 2 tablespoons GrapeOla Oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small whole red chili
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 small green chili, thinly sliced
- For the rice, in a small sauce pan, bring water to a boil. Add rice and pinch of salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set aside.
- In a medium saute, boil the sweet potato for 10 minutes or until just soft. Strain and reserve.
- In a medium saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the cumin, mustard, and chili and cook until fragrant, being mindful not to burn the seeds. Add the onion, turmeric, curry leaves, green chili, and crushed garlic. Let cook together for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan and coat with spices and onion. Fry for 3 – 5 more minutes. Serve with Royal Basmati Rice.