Surprise your loved ones on Bhai Dooj or any other special occasion with these delicious Shakkar Paras made with Royal® Sharbati Atta!
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups Royal® Sharbati Atta
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted warm ghee
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix the milk and sugar in a pot over low flame until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and ghee. Mix these ingredients well until they form a wet, sandy texture.
- Then it is time to add the milk mixture in a few additions. You want to knead the the dough until it forms a nice soft dough that can be rolled out.
- Pinch portions of the dough and roll out into 1/4-1/2 inch thick circles or squares.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into diamonds or squares that are about 1” x 1”.
- Once you have all your dough rolled and cut, heat vegetable oil until on 325 degrees.
- Fry the squares until lightly golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.