Royal Sharbati Atta Flatbread with Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Pecerino
Try this delicious and healthy vegetable Atta pizza, topped with shaved Brussel sprouts for an enhanced flavor.
For the Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 2¼ teaspoons (one ¼ oz. packet) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2½ cups Royal Sharbati Atta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons Kosher salt
For the Pizza
- 10 ounches shredded Brussels sprouts (about 4 cups)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup)
- 3 ounces grated Pecorino Romano (about ⅔ cup), divided
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- Flaky salt and crushed red pepper flakes
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir and let sit until the yeast starts to foam and bubble, about 5-10 minutes.
- Using the dough hook, turn the mixer on low and slowly add half of the flour, olive oil, honey, and salt. When flour is combined, add the remaining flour. Once dough starts to form, increase speed to medium. Mix for 3-5 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and place on a floured counter. Knead a few times to form a ball. Dough should be smooth and shiny. Place dough in a greased bowl, cover loosely with a towel, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in lower third of the oven. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts with salt, several grinds black pepper, and ¼ cup oil.
- Brush a baking sheet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place Royal Sharbati Atta Dough onto the baking sheet and stretch until it reaches the edges.
- Top dough with the mozzarella and ½ cup Pecorino all the way to the edges. Top with reserved Brussels sprouts.
- Bake until dough is golden brown, 22 to 24 minutes. Top with lemon zest, remaining Pecorino, flaky salt, and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired. Cut into pieces and serve warm or at room temperature.