Royal Basmati Rice with Spring Vegetables and Green Vinaigrette
A delicious way to eat your veggies! A tangy green vinaigrette tops off fresh spring vegetables nestled in a bed of aromatic Royal Basmati Rice.
For the Rice
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- 1¾ cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon GrapeOla grape seed oil
- 1 leek, cleaned and thinly sliced’
- 10-12 asparagus stalks, cleaned, trimmed and sliced into 2” pieces
- 8 ounces snap peas, trimmed and sliced
- 1 bunch chard, cleaned and cut into 2” pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar or sherry vinegar
- ½ cup GrapeOla grape seed oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the rice, bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pot with a tight fitting lid. Add rice and salt. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, heating oil in a medium saute pan. Add leeks and a pinch of salt and cook 3-5 minutes, or until soft. Add asparagus, snap peas and charge and saute for 2-5 minutes, or until the chard begins to wilt. Set vegetables aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, vegetables, and vinaigrette. Serve warm or at room temperature.