Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple, Cranberry Pilaf
- 2 cups Royal® Ready to Heat Basmati Rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and finely diced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped sage
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread butternut squash out in an even, single layer on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with Kosher salt. Toss to coat. Roast squash in oven for approximately 25 minutes, until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small skillet. Cook shallot, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in apple, rosemary, and sage, and season generously with Kosher salt. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until apple is softened.
- Combine rice with roasted butternut squash, apple mixture, dried cranberries, walnuts, and pepitas. Serve and devour.