Reshmi Kabab with Royal® Basmati Rice
Treat yourself to the zesty and savory blend of flavors in this Reshmi Chicken with Royal® Basmati Rice with Turmeric and Za’atar recipe!
- 1 cup Royal® Basmati Rice
- 1¾ cups water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup cilantro (fresh)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- 2¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons GrapeOla® Grapeseed Oil
- Combine Royal® Basmati rice, water, and pinch of salt in a medium sauce pot with tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- In a food processor, mix the almonds, coriander, onion, ginger, and garlic paste. Grind to form a smooth paste. Add salt to taste, then lemon juice and mix well. In a large bowl, pour the paste and yogurt over the chicken and mix well to coat all the pieces. Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Put the marinated chicken pieces on skewers and grill. Lightly brush with GrapeOla® Grapeseed oil to prevent sticking.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove from the skewers and serve with thinly sliced onions, warm Royal® Basmati Rice, and hot naans.