Red Beet and Brown Basmati Rice Burgers with Tzatziki
Beets? In a burger? Royal’s Red Beets and Brown Basmati Rice burger takes a grilling favorite and makes it not just vegetarian, but deliciously adventurous. Combine with a tzatziki sauce and microgreens for a healthy, meatless meal.
For the Burgers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked RoyalⓇ Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 cup grated raw beet
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 4 whole wheat burger buns, toasted
For the Tzatziki
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, add beans, rice, beet, flour, dill, and salt. Pulse to combine but do not process to a paste. Shape mixture into 4 patties.
- Lightly brush burgers with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and place on baking sheet. Bake until browned on the bottom, about 15 minutes. Flip and cook second side until brown, 10 minutes more.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, cucumber, oil, dill, mint, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Place burgers on buns, and top with avocado, tzatziki, and microgreens.