Celebrate Ganesh Utsav, or any other special occasion, with love, happiness and the most delicious Puran Poli made with Royal Sharbati Atta.
- 2 cups Royal Sharbati Atta
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup channa dal, washed and drained
- 1¼ cups jaggery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- ¼ tablespoon Cardamom Powder
- A few saffron strands
- Mix Royal Sharbati Atta with oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough with some water
- Dissolve the saffron in 2 teaspoons of water and let sit for 15 minutes
- Combine dal with water in an instant pot and cook to desired texture.
- Put ghee in a non-stick pan, and dal and jaggery, mix well and cook over medium heat for 10-12 mins
- Add cardamom powder and saffron-water mixture
- Let it cool and divide into different portions. Set aside.
- Roll out the dough into rotis and place some filling in the center. fold the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Flatten the dough and roll out again.
- Cook on a tava over medium flame, till it turns golden brown from both sides. Add a dallop of ghee and serve hot.