Pili Pili Beef Fried Rice
This one pan spicy beef fried rice gets its heat from fresh chilis that are balanced with the coolness of fresh lime juice. Inspired by the aromatic flavors of Kenyan the ‘pili pili’, Swahili from pepper can be adjusted according to your preference.
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- ½ pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces 1 ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1-inch piece ginger
- 2 Jalapeno or fresno chili peppers thinly sliced
- green onions
- Salt to taste
- 2 packages Royal White Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 avocados,
- Heat a wide frying pan over medium-high Once hot, add in the oil and beef, cooking until beef is browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the green beans, cooking until slightly softened, about 5
- Lower the heat to medium, adding the garam masala, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and half the green onions. Cook until garlic is fragrant and begins to soften, about 1-2 Season with salt to taste.
- Add in the Royal White Basmati Rice and soy Cook until the rice is warmed through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and squeeze in the lime
- Serve into individual bowls garnishing with sliced avocado, remaining green onions, and