Peruvian-Inspired Fried Rice
Peruvian inspired Chinese Stir-Fry / Fried Rice, this dish is a twist on a simple Chinese American stir-fry but infused with Peruvian flavors of Aji Amarillo, fresh thyme, and turmeric.
- 3 tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- ½ lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces and seasoned with salt
- 2 tablespoons Aji Amarillo paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced on the bias
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers, sliced into rings or strips
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 cup swish chard, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package Royal Ready To Heat Chicken and Herb Rice
- A handful cilantro, to garnish
- Heat a large non-stick, cast iron, or enamel pan over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of neutral cooking oil.
- When the oil is shimmering add the chicken to the pan and fry until seared (a golden crust has formed) on all sides, about 7-9 minutes.
- Add the Aji Amarillo paste, grated garlic, fresh thyme and turmeric, sauté until fragrant.
- Add the asparagus, red onions, sweet peppers, and and continue to fry until the asparagus turns a bright green.
- Add swish chard, the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Mix well and cook until the sauce has thickened, the greens are wilted, and the veggies are tender but still have a little crunch.
- Add 1 package of Authentic Royal Ready to Heat Chicken and Herb Rice and sauté until the greens are wilted and the rice is heated through.
- Serve immediately and garnish with scallions and cilantro.