Peas Pulao with Royal Basmati Rice
Our Peas Pulao with Royal Basmati Rice cooks up in just 25 minutes, making it a dish big on spices and flavor but not on prep time.
- 2 tablespoons GrapeOla Grape Seed oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 green chili, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup cashews, toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauté pan with a tight fitting lid, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger, chili, peas and cashews and stir to combine.
- Add mint, rice, water, and spices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover, cooking 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.