One Pot Turmeric Coconut Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Royal White Basmati Rice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup swiss chard, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic, ginger, cumin seeds, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions start to soften. Stir in turmeric and rice.
- Cook for 1 minute or until rice is well coated. Stir in broth and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add swiss chard to rice; cover and continue to cook 3-4 minutes until slightly wilted.
- Remove rice from heat. Keep covered and let stand for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add in lime juice; fluff rice with a fork.
- Garnish with toasted coconut and green onions.
Tip: Substitute swiss chard with kale, spinach or ½ cup frozen peas.