Mexican Style Royal® Basmati Rice with Grilled Shrimp
A zesty combination of lime, corn and tomatoes makes this Mexican Style Royal® Basmati Rice with Grilled Shrimp recipe really pop with flavor.
- 1½ cups Royal® Basmati Rice
- 1 tablespoon GrapeOla® GrapeSeed Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1½ cups prepared black beans
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Skewers soaked for 30 minutes in water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Heat GrapeOla® Grapeseed Oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in rice until toasted, about 2 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato sauce and vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes. Stir in corn, black beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer until Royal® Basmati rice is cooked through, about 13-16 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. While rice is cooking, prepare the shrimp.
- Combine shrimp spices, lime juice, and oil in a medium bowl. Toss to combine. Skewer shrimp. Grill in a pan or outdoor grill, 3 minutes per side of medium/high heat.
- Plate Royal® Basmati rice with shrimp and garnish with cilantro.