Malai Chicken with Royal Ready to Heat Tikka Masala Rice
- 1 lb. chicken thigh cubes
- 4 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- A pinch nutmeg powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ bunch cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper finely chopped
- Onion cut in squares for garnish
- Cilantro roughly chopped for garnish
- Red bell pepper cut in squares for garnish
- ¼ cup water for the water in the bake pan while baking
- Chaat masala for garnish
- Fresh lemon juice for garnish
- ½ tsp. olive oil for sauté the bell pepper and onion
- In a bowl, add chicken, salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes, lemon juice. Leave it for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add in yogurt, sour cream, white pepper, black pepper, garam masala, cumin seeds, nutmeg powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, cilantro, vinegar, and Serrano pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now pour the yogurt mixture on your pre-marinated chicken mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Apply to the chicken to the skewers.
- Don’t throw away the remaining marination mixture in the bowl.
- Wrap each skewer in aluminum foil tightly shutting the ends of each skewer.
- Get out 9in by 13in baking cake pan out.
- Lay the skewers which are in covered in foil on the cake pan.
- Pour water on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Place it in oven.
- Bake for 15 min then turn over the skewer and bake for another 15 minutes. So it cooks evenly on both sides.
- Now take the foil off, over the sink and take pour the water from the chicken in the sink.
- Brush the remaining marinating mixture onto the chicken on both sides that is on the skewers.
- Lay the skewers on top of the baking pan.
- Place it back in the oven, turn the oven to broil and put it in for 5 minutes.
- Now take it out of the oven and turn the skewer on the other side.
- Stick it back in the oven then cook for 5 min, so it gets cook evenly.
- Take it out, garnish with chaat masala, lemon juice, onion, red bell pepper.
- Get a fry pan out and sauté your onions and bell peppers lightly with olive oil.
- After you sauté them, place them on the skewer with chicken or have them on the side.
- Serve it with our green chutney.