Jerk Shrimp with Mango Chow
Spicy jerk flavored shrimp with a refreshing mango chow over basmati rice is Caribbean island vibes in a bowl.
- 1 pound (20 count) large raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Walkerswood jerk seasoning
- tablespoons neutral cooking oil
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled pitted and small dice
- 1 medium cucumber peeled
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced from root to tip 1 lime, juiced
- Salt to taste
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- 2 packages Royal White Basmati Rice, to serve
- In a medium bowl combine shrimp and jerk seasoning, tossing to coat.
- Set aside to marinate while preparing the mango chow.
- In a medium bowl combine mango, cucumber, red onion, lime juice, and salt to toss, until evenly distributed. Set aside to marinate while cooking the shrimp.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium skillet or cast iron over medium high.
- Add in shrimp being careful not to crowd the pan. Work in batches if necessary.
- Sear shrimp for 1-2 minutes on either side, until shrimp is pink
- Heat Authentic Royal White Basmati Rice according to package
- Serve jerk shrimp and mango chow alongside rice, garnishing with sprinkle of cilantro.
- Shrimp can be marinated overnight
- Substitute shrimp with any protein of your choice
- For a spicier flavor, add an extra tablespoon of jerk seasoning