Herbed Basmati Rice
Royal® Basmati Rice makes the perfect side dish! Packed with flavor, this Herbed Basmati Rice will complement any meal perfectly!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups Royal® Basmati Rice
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cups green onions, chopped
- 1 cups herbs, chopped (parsley, basil, thyme, and/or chives)
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Soak rice according to package directions and drain.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, sauté garlic and oil.
- Add rice, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Take off heat, and set aside 5 minutes.
- Toast pine nuts at 350 degrees for 4 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly golden.
- Fluff with a fork and mix in herbs, green onions, cheese, and pine nuts and serve.