Green Royal Basmati Rice Burrito Enchilada Style
Relish a delicious dinner stuffed with rice and veggies by whipping up a batch of these Green Royal® Basmati Rice Burritos, smothered in sauce and cheese and baked enchilada style.
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 large spinach tortillas
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup yellow corn
- ½ cup Pinto Beans
- 6-8 stalks asparagus, steamed
- 1 avocado, halved and sliced
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- Combine rice, water and salt in a medium sauce pot with tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Combine cooked with rice with cilantro, corn, and beans. Stir to combine.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- To compose the burritos, add ¾ cups of the rice mix to each tortilla, 3-4 stalks asparagus, and half of the avocado. Fold, fold and seal, then place on an oven safe dish or baking tray. Cover with ½ cup enchilada sauce and ½ cup cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melty and brown. Cut each burrito in half.