Greek Spinach Rice
Don’t forget the good olive oil when you cook up our take on spanakorizo: Basmati rice cooked up with plenty of spinach, lemon and dill.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, well-washed and thinly sliced
- 1 pound baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Royal Ⓡ Jasmine Rice
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium. Add leek and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until wilted. Stir in rice and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to simmer until tender, 15 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a serving bowl and stir in dill, lemon juice, and mint. Sprinkle with feta.