Greek Chopped Rice Salad
Two quick steps is all it takes to prepare a fresh and healthy Greek inspired rice salad.
- 1 cup Royal Ⓡ Basmati Rice
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or ¼ teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine rice and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. After cooking, spread out on a plate to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl toss together cooled rice, cucumber, onion, tomato, chickpeas, feta, olives, vinegar, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.