Golden Cauliflower and Brown Rice Bake
This brown basmati and cauilflower bake belongs on every fall table, from Thanksgiving and beyond!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 2 cups RoyalⓇ Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup grated Gruyère cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425℉.
- On a large baking sheet toss together cauliflower, oil, and ½ teaspoon salt. Roast until cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine rice, ½ teaspoon salt, and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- In a medium skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour. Slowly whisk in milk and turmeric. Bring to a simmer, cook, whisking, until thickened, and remove from heat. Stir in ½ cup cheese.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375℉. Lightly oil a 9 x 13” baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together cauliflower, rice, and sauce. Transfer to baking dish and sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 25-30 minutes.