Fried Rice Waffles
Add some kick to your breakfast menu with our fried rice waffles! Toasted sesame oil and soy sauce add a depth of flavor to savory waffles that we’ve topped with a fried egg and sriracha hot sauce.
- 1½ cups Royal Ⓡ Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Sriracha to taste
- In a medium saucepan combine rice and 2¼ cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until tender, 12-14 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine rice with soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and 2 eggs.
- Heat a waffle iron. Place a heaping ½ cup of rice mixture at a time onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Crack eggs into pan and cook to
- desired degree of doneness. Top waffles with eggs, chives, and sriracha.