Earthy Mushroom Royal® Basmati Rice with Lemon Almond Pesto
Work some fiber and protein into your next meal with our Earthy Mushroom Royal® Basmati Rice with Lemon Almond Pesto recipe!
For the Rice
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- 1¾ cups Water
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon GrapeOla Grapeseed Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Lemon Pesto
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 fresh lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ Cup GrapeOla Grapeseed Oil
- ½ cup unsalted almonds
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a medium pot with a tight fitting lid, bring the water to a boil. Add rice and salt, cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking prepare the pesto. Add ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium. Add chopped onion and mushrooms and cook, stirring, 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cooked rice and toss everything together with the pesto. Serve immediately.