Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
The perfect remedy from the chill weather, make this creamy delight a hearty meal by adding a cup of Royal Basmati Rice.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Royal Basmati Rice
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Add chicken and cook until golden.
- Then add thyme and garlic and stir for 1 min.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add flour and whisk until golden.
- Add the chicken broth and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and bring to a simmer until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through.