Corn and Poblano Mexican Rice
Not a tomato fan? Not to worry! Basmati Rice can find a place on your plate on taco night with this delicious and simple corn and poblano pepper recipe instead. A garnishing of cotija chese or queso fresco adds a creamy, tangy kick.
- 1½ cups Royal Ⓡ Basmati Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Crumbled queso fresco or cotija, for serving
- In a medium saucepan combine rice and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium. Add corn, poblano, garlic, and cumin and cook, stirring, until softened, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir sautéed vegetables, green onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt into rice. Garnish with cheese.