Coconut Royal® Basmati Rice
Don’t let your leftover rice go to waste! Make this simple and flavorful side for dinner tonight with your favorite grilled meat or veggie curry.
- 1½ cups cooked Royal® Basmati Rice
- 1½ cups freshly grated coconut
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 10 fried cashews
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- 2 teaspoons urad dal
- 4 red chilies, broken
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- oil to fry
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. When the oil and mustard seeds sputter, add chana dal, urad dal, red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add peanuts and sauté till golden brown.
- Add 1 cup freshly grated coconut. Sauté for 1 minute. Add salt, mix well.
- Switch off the stove, add cooked rice and mix gently. Add the remaining coconut.
- Garnish with fried cashews.