Citrus Olive Chicken Thighs
The zestiness of lime and lemon juice, combined with the mustard and shallots, come together in this quick marinade for a weeknight chicken dinner. Pulling inspiration from Central American Flavors, using what’s already in your fridge is key for this fast and easy chicken dish.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive brine (liquid from the olive jar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, deboned 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ⅓ cup green Castelvetrano olives, halved
- packages Royal Chicken & Herb Flavored Basmati Rice 2 small tomatoes, cut in wedges
- radishes, thinly sliced to
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on a bias
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the chicken marinade until all the mustard is dissolved.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and using your hands or tongs, mix the marinade until the chicken is thoroughly covered. Cover and let rest for at least 20 minutes or 1 hour.
- Heat a wide skillet over medium-high with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, in the chicken thighs, smooth side down being sure to not overcrowd the pan.
- Once the bottom is golden brown, about five minutes, turn chicken thighs, cover the pan with a lid and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Once the lid is off, add 1 tablespoon of butter and half of the halved olives. When the olives are slightly blistered, transfer the chicken and olives out of the pan.
- When ready to serve, prepare the Royal Chicken and Herb Flavored Basmati Rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken thighs and olives over the rice, serving with tomato wedges, and radish slices. Garnish with green onion slices.