Cilantro Lime Rice Samosa Cups
- 1 package (8.5 oz) Royal Ready to Heat – Cilantro Lime Rice
- 24 square wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a wonton wrapper in each cup of two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Gently press to shape into cup and brush lightly oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat.
- Cook onion, potatoes, carrot, garlic, ginger for 3 to 5 minutes or until start to brown.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, garam masala, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and peas and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve rice samosa filling in wonton cups.
- Top with a dollop of tamarind chutney and a sprinkle of cilantro.