Cheesy Royal Basmati Rice Enchilada Casserole
Royal Basmati Rice, a delicious blend of cheeses and enchilada sauce make for an easy and tasty casserole dinner that’s ready in 40 minutes.
- 2 cups Royal Basmati Rice
- 4 cups water
- Generous pinch of kosher salt
- 1½ cups shredded white cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2½ cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 small white corn tortillas
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in sauce pan with tight fitting lid. Add 2 cups of rice and generous pinch of kosher salt. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the 2 cheeses together and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the enchilada sauce, black beans and half of the cheese. Mix. Add the cooked rice and mix again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To build the casserole, grease the bottom of a 10 x 18” or similar dish. Line the bottom with an even layer of tortillas and then spoon and spread half of the cheese and rice mixture. Add another even layer or tortillas, then spoon the rest of the cheese and rice and spread evenly. Top with corn and cover with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot.