Carrot, Coriander and Royal® Basmati Rice Fritters
Fry up some Royal® Basmati Rice Fritters for a crunchy, crinkly snack! Our recipe gets extra flavor from thinly sliced carrots, onions and coriander.
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Royal® Basmati Rice
- 2 teaspoons GrapeOla® Grapeseed Oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and pinch of salt. Sauté until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the carrot, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the cooked rice and sautéed onion and mix well. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in skillet. Drop batter in ¼ cup measures on to the skillet 4 to 6 fritters at a time. Heat each side for 2 minutes until golden.