Breakfast Rice Cereal with Cinnamon & Raisins
With this quick and nourishing breakfast cereal, each family member can have fun personalizing their breakfast with healthy (or just plain delicious) toppings like berries, slivered almonds, maple syrup or brown sugar.
- 1 cup cooked Royal® Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 1½ cups whole or low-fat milk or dairy-free milk like almond, soy, rice or coconut milk
- A pinch of salt
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins (optional)
- Take leftover rice out of the refrigerator and place in a pot or a microwaveable bowl. Mash the rice with a potato masher or your hands. Add milk, salt, and sugar, if you like.
- Heat the rice thoroughly, stirring frequently, 8-10 minutes. Mix in cinnamon or vanilla and raisins if using.
- Serve the cereal hot. Place toppings in small bowls so your family can mix in their choice of fruits and nuts.
- You can also make breakfast parfaits with this cereal. Spoon the rice-milk mixture into a tall glass. Add fruits, top with yogurt and a sprinkling of nuts.