A quick fix for your sweet cravings, this Atta Halwa, made with Royal® 100% Sharbati Atta, is an ideal treat for the holiday season.
- ½ cup Royal® Sharbati Atta
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 5 cashews
- 1 cup of water plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup sugar
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- Heat the ghee in a pot.
- Add the cashews. Keep the flame low.
- Add the flour and stir into the ghee.
- Over a low flame, toast the flour until the color changes while stirring often for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat water, sugar and cardamom in saucepan. The sugar should be dissolved.
- Once the flour is close to being cooked, heat the sugar syrup till you see it’s boiling.
- Immediately pour it into the flour mixture. Add a little at first, and then stir vigorously so no lumps are formed.
- Pour in all the syrup and stir until the sugar syrup is incorporated.
- Serve warm garnished with cashews or other coated nuts.