Almond and Rice Phirnee
Treat your friends and family to a creamy, soul-satisfying dessert with our almond and rice phirnee.
- ¾ cups RoyalⓇ Basmati Rice
- 4 green cardamom
- 4 cups full cream milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 4-6 saffron strands
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup slivered pistachios
- Rose petals for garnish
- Edible silver foil
- Wash RoyalⓇ Basmati Rice 3 times. Drain, spread on a tray & dry in the sun for an hour or overnight.
- Grind the rice and cardamoms to a coarse powder.
- Boil milk and add the rice. Once boiling, lower heat to medium and cook for 6-7 min.
- Add evaporated milk and cook for 5 min, without drying it up.
- Add sugar, saffron and cook for 10-15 min till rice is cooked and milk is 3/4th of the original quantity.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 min. Now add rose water.
- Cool completely and refrigerate in individual bowls or clay pots.
- Top with silver foil, almonds, pistachios & rose petals. Serve.