Almond Cranberry Rice Pilaf
Delicious steamed rice is elevated with the crunch of sliced almonds and the tangy sweetness of cranberries in our Almond Cranberry Rice Pilaf recipe.
- 1 cup Royal® Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- ⅔ cups cranberries, dried
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onions until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and rice. Stir until rice becomes translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and water into skillet and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Cover rice and reduce heat to low. Simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and fold in parsley and almonds. Serve warm.