Easy Kid-Friendly Fried Rice
- 2 pkg (8.5 oz each) Royal Ready to Heat White Basmati
- 3 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat 4 tsp oil in large skillet set over medium heat; stir in eggs, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft curds start to form; transfer to plate.
- Wipe pan clean with paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Cook onion, garlic and ginger for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice, and frozen mixed peas and carrots. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated; stir in soy sauce. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until rice and veggies are heated through.
- Stir in scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Tip: This family favorite can be enjoyed the next day for an easy back-to-school lunch. Serve in large lettuce leaves drizzled with sesame dressing for fried rice salad cups. Toss with hearty greens and your favorite herb dressing for an easy fried rice salad, or roll up in tortillas with shredded lettuce, guacamole and a drizzle of barbecue sauce for a fried rice burrito.