Whole Wheat Pita Bread – Made with Royal® Sharbati Atta
Sometimes simple is best! Like with this warm, fluffy pita bread recipe made with Royal Sharbati Atta.
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1½ cup Royal® Sharbati Atta
- 1⅜ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Mix water, honey and yeast together and let it sit for five minutes.
- Add the Sharbati Atta, all-purpose flour, salt, olive oil and mix for a couple of minutes, until it comes together.
- Sprinkle flour onto your work surface and knead the dough.
- Knead the dough until it’s smooth and elastic. Add more flour only if necessary.
- Shape into a round ball.
- Place the ball into an oiled bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and let rest for an hour.
- Divide dough into 9 pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- Flour your workspace and using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a circle about ¼ inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place a baking stone or a baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Bake the Pitas for 4-5 minutes each.