Taco Rice Skillet
Pack your taco night table with the healthy, high-in-fiber Royal Basmati Rice for a zesty and delicious dinner!
- 1 cup Royal® Basmati Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 cup corn
- 1 package tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, heat beef, spices, and salt on medium high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once brown, add water, basmati, salsa and corn. Stir and cover with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or when rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and let stand 8 minutes. Fluff beef and rice mixture with a fork and layer on tostada shells with cheese and lettuce.