Spicy Charred Veggie Rice
2 packages (each 8.5oz) Royal Ready to Heat Basmati Rice
2 cobs of corn
3 jalapeno peppers
1/3 cup melted butter, divided
5 green onions, trimmed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for garnish
1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium. Brush corn and jalapeños with melted butter and season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Brush green onions with butter and add to grill. Cook, turning corn, jalapeños and onions occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender and charred. Let cool.
3. Cut corn from cobs and green onions into 1-inch pieces. Remove seeds from jalapeños and slice; set aside.
4. Combine rice with corn and scallions on a serving plate. Drizzle with remaining butter.
5. Garnish with cilantro leaves and sliced jalapeños. Serve with prepared Kofta Kebabs, if desired.
Tip: Pan roast 1 cup of frozen corn kernels cooked in butter for corn on the cob, if needed.