Shrimp and Pesto Rice Salad
Served warm or cold, this shrimp & pesto rice salad dish is packed with flavor and promises to spice up your weeknight meals!
- 1 pound peeled shrimp
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 large smashed garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 4 cups cooked Royal Basmati Rice
- ½ cup smoked chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss together shrimp, black pepper,¼ cup oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon lime zest.
- Spread shrimp in a single layer baking sheet. Bake until shrimp are pink and done.
- Meanwhile, process mint, jalapeño pepper, garlic cloves, lime juice, spinach, remaining salt and lime zest in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add remaining ¼ cup oil in a slow, steady stream, processing until combined.
- Toss warm rice. Stir pesto into rice mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- Top with shrimp.