- 1 cup Royal Chef’s Secret Basmati Rice
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups boiling water (to add later)
- 1/4 cup rosewater
- 1/4 teaspoon ground saffron
- slivered pistachios
- slivered almonds
- dried rose petals
- Wash the rice in cold water. Drain and wash a couple more times with fresh cold water. Then drain all the water.
- Add rice to the 6 cups boiling water. Bring back to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Don’t stir the rice during this first boil. When finished the rice should be very tender.
- Add 2 1/3 cups of boiling water, sugar, resetter and the ground saffron. Increase the heat to medium low and bring the mixture back to a boil. Continue to cook for 5-10 more minutes until the pudding thickens. Stir several times to ensure the pudding doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Pour into ramekins and allow to chill in the fridge about 2 hours.