- 1 cup Royal Chef’s Secret Basmati rice
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 ⅓ cups boiling water (added later)
- ¼ cup rose water
- ½ teaspoon ground saffron
- 1 pint of strawberries cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup slivered pistachios
- Rinse rice 5-6 times in cold water draining between rinsing until the water looks mostly clear.
- In a 3 quart non stick pot combine 6 cups of boiling water and basmati rice. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower heat to a low slow boil.
- Let rice cook uncovered without stirring for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Most of the water will get cooked off and rice should be completely tender.
- Add the remaining 2 ⅓ cups of boiling water, rose water, saffron and sugar. Increase the heat to medium and bring back to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes longer until the pudding thickens. Stir to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Pour pudding into dessert cups to fill half way. Place the cups in the fridge to cool.
- Once cooled, add a layer of sliced strawberries and slivered almonds.
- Pour additional pudding on top.
- Put back in the fridge to cool completely.
- Before serving add sliced strawberries and slivered pistachios to the top.