Royal® Whole Wheat Modaks
Want to make Ganpati Bappa’s favorite sweet dish? Here’s a simple recipe for his favorite Whole Wheat Modaks!
- 1 cup Royal Sharbati Atta
- 2 cups grated coconut
- ¾ cup jaggery, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 10-12 almonds, finely chopped
- 3-4 walnuts, finely chopped
- 5-6 pieces green cardamom, peeled and powdered
- Oil to Fry
For the Stuffing
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a pan and let it melt
- Add grated coconut and jaggery. Mix well until the jaggery melts.
- Stir in almonds, walnuts and cardamom powder
- Turn of the heat and set stuffing aside.
For the Dough
- Take Royal Sharbati Atta and ½ cup water in a mixing bowl. Mix well and knead until the mixture forms a soft dough.
- Cover and keep the dough side for 20 to 25 minutes to set.
- Take small balls of dough and roll them out into small circles.
- Put a portion of the prepared stuffing in the center and pinch the ends of the dough, pleat and bring them together to seal the modak
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the modaks. Serve warm.