Royal Sharbati Atta Cheese Polenta Fries
Meet your new favorite snack: Cheese Polenta Fries made with Royal Sharbati Atta. Serve it with your favorite tangy dip or ketchup.
For the Polenta Fries
- 4 cups low-fat milk
- 1½ cups Royal Sharbati Atta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2½ ounces goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the Lemon Herb Aioli
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced tarragon & parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Aioli: Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside until ready to use.
- For polenta fries: Pour milk into a medium saucepan, place over medium heat and simmer.
- Slowly whisk in Atta until fully incorporated, lower heat to low and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Fold in butter and goat cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir until no lumps remain, then pour mixture into a lightly greased 9”x13” baking sheet with a 1” lip.
- Evenly spread and allow mixture to cool for about 20 minutes before placing into the refrigerator. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Remove polenta from refrigerator and invert onto a clean cutting board. Cut polenta into ½”x 3” sticks.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Lightly fry polenta stick for 2-3 minutes on each side, in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
9. Place finished sticks onto some paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Serve fries with aioli.