Royal® Jasmine Rice Salad with Summer Squash, Radishes and Herbs
Summer is here, and our Royal® Jasmine Rice Salad with Summer Squash, Radishes and Herbs is ready to be a cool, refreshing crowd pleaser at your next barbeque or picnic!
- 1 cup Royal® Jasmine Rice
- 1¾ cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup assorted fresh herbs, finely chopped such as: dill, mint, rosemary, and marjoram
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring rice, water, and pinch of salt to a boil in a medium sauce pot. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Set aside. Let cool for about 20 minutes to serve as a room temperature salad.
- As Royal® rice is cooling, combine zucchini, squash, radishes, herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add cooled rice and stir to combine. Add more salt and pepper as needed.