Royal Jasmine Rice Pad Thai
It’s Pad Thai with a twist – instead of noodles, try this Thai comfort food with fragrant Royal Jasmine Rice.
- 2 cups Royal® Jasmine Rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons GrapeOla Grape Seed Oil
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, separated and thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large eggs, light beaten
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Combine 3 cups water and rice in a large pot with a tight fitting lid and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, make the sauce. Whisk together brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and chili sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the whites of the green onions and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 60 seconds. Add eggs and scramble until eggs are nearly set (they should still be a little wet), about 1 minute. Transfer egg mixture to a small bowl.
- Next, add fluffed rice, the green parts of the onions, carrots, bean sprouts, and sauce to skillet. Cook while stirring constantly until rice is well coated, about 2 minutes. Cover and cook 2 more minutes, or until bean sprouts soften. Add egg mixture and toss to coat, breaking up eggs gently as you go.
- Top rice with chopped cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.