Mini Baked Egg Cups with Royal® Basmati Rice
Rise and shine with a tasty helping of Basmati Rice! With our mini baked egg cups, you can even take a veggie and protein filled breakfast on the go.
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cups Royal® Basmati Rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup Italian sausage
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cooked rice, eggs, egg whites, zucchini, Swiss cheese, sausage and tomatoes until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture to the top of each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until the edges of egg muffins are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Allow to cool at least 5 minutes in the pan before serving. Serve hot or cold.