Matcha Coconut Rice Pudding
Plain rice pudding gets a tropical, flavorful makeover with a Matcha Coconut Rice Pudding. Basmati rice is cooked until creamy in sweet coconut milk and matcha powder (made from green tea leaves) adds an extra burst of natural flavor.
- 1 cup RoyalⓇ Basmati Rice
- 4 cups beverage-style coconut milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup toasted flaked coconut
- In a medium saucepan combine rice and 2 cups water. Place over high heat, bring to a boil, and boil 5 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Stir in coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until rice is very tender and creamy, 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in canned coconut milk, matcha, and vanilla. Serve topped with strawberries and coconut.